Saturday 18 May 2013

Clara's 1st Birthday

Dear Clara,
It's your first birthday and I wish more than anything that you were here with me. One year ago today, it was the best and worse day of my life. I got to meet my beautiful baby girl but in the same day I had to say good-bye. This past week, I was thinking a lot about were we would be if you could stay - our walks together, pushing you on the swing. I wondering what you would like like - if you would resemble your mommy or your daddy. It would have been the perfect life, I couldn't even imagine anything better.

I can still remember the day we got to spend together like it was yesterday. Those special moments we spent together replay over and over in my head. Your daddy and I hold on to them close to our hearts every day. He's sad too that you aren't with us today.

Daddy tells me I need to be strong today and I know I have to try. I just wanted you to know how much I love you and miss you.

Happy Birthday to my sweet little girl.

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Clara, you are loved and missed beyond words.

    Grace's first birthday was a few months back and it was so hard. Wanting to celebrate the joy that she brought, but feeling so much grief for her loss. I wish you and your husband peace today as you navigate these impossible days.

    ReplyDelete